Why Hire a Household Moving Company Over Doing It Yourself?
Hiring a professional house moving service to help you with your relocation means you can enjoy a hassle-free moving experience. The main benefit of hiring a moving company is the peace of mind it offers, as planning a move is known to be stressful.
With a lot of things on your to-do list to take care of when moving houses, the last thing you need is to mess up your move while under pressure. Here are some reasons why you should choose a household moving company over a DIY move:
- Easily move your goods across states or countries.
- Makes relocation easier, with services like packing and unpacking, and assembling heavy objects like furniture.
- Moving companies usually offer insurance for your belongings in case of an accident.
- Your chances of forgetting anything reduce with movers, who keep track of all your belongings.
What Are the Different Types of House Moving Services?
When hiring residential moving companies for your move, there are different types of services you can choose from. To make your moving experience easier, these companies provide various services to meet specific needs. These include:
- Packing and Unpacking: Many home movers offer special packing services for furniture and fragile valuables.
- Loading and Unloading: Hire movers to load and unload your packages at your required destination.
- Transportation: Household movers transport your belongings to your new home or storage center depending on your preferences.
What Are Some of the Best Household Moving Companies?
If you're looking for the best home moving companies near me, we have critically reviewed a wide range of movers and settled on four top household moving companies. When selecting them, we considered their online reputation, offered services and add-ons, affordability, and availability in different states.
United Van Lines
At the top of our list is the United Van Lines, popularly known as the top choice for long-distance moves. It also boasts professional home moving services that include diverse package options, which you can customize based on your needs. For larger moves, they offer full services with packing, transportation, and loading. UVL also provides one of the best door-to-door car shipping services for movers.
- Clear-cut pricing plans and customizable budgets.
- Provides online GPS tracking for your household move.
- Insurance coverage is provided for secure moves.
- Easy to transport your vehicles with UVL.
- Store your belongings short- or long-term before a move.
Slightly more expensive than other movers.
Allied Van Lines
Allied Van Lines has been offering these services for over eight decades, one of the best house moving companies. It facilitates local, long-distance, and international moves. Aside from the basic residential moving, they also offer boat and car shipping, storage, shipment tracking, and furniture assembly and disassembly. They provide a relocation consultant that makes your move easier and provides basic liability coverage in case of damages or losses.
- Different add-on services for your moving experience.
- Offers long-term and short-term storage options.
- Moves are billed by the hour or flat rate.
- Tailor your moving service to meet your needs.
Storage options for small belongings are expensive.
Regarding customer service and international moves, North American Van Lines is a prominent choice. The company has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau because of its great service and moving resources. NAVL provides unique features like custom crates, appliance connections, crane vans for large items, and satellite tracking. They also offer two coverages to choose from, making it easy to protect your belongings during your move.
- Personalized moving services for local and long-distance.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Licensed broker and mover in 50 U.S. states.
- Provides international moving services and other add-ons.
- MoovScout app for tracking your moving workflow.
The claims process for damaged belongings is tedious.
Next on our list of the top household goods movers is U-Pack, which provides affordable moving services. The company is not a full-service mover but a moving container company, which means you need to take care of the loading and unloading. You pay for the space you use alone and can hire helpers if you need extra assistance. Despite this, the moving company has massive containers that work for long-distance moves.
- Storage facilities are available nationwide.
- Long-distance moving container services with two sizes.
- Labor assistance through Hire A Helper.
- Pay-for-what-you-use policy.
- Free online quotes before your residential move.
You have to pack and unpack yourself.
How to Find a Residential Moving Company Near Me Now?
The best way to move to your new home is with a company close to you. This increases your convenience and moving experience. You can easily find top-notch house moving companies near me with NearbyMovers.
This moving platform allows you to find movers close to you based on your address, zip code, city, or state. With NearbyMovers, you can view quotes, services, and reviews of the recommended moving companies and choose one that works best for you.
Once you get the best household movers that meet your needs, half of the moving work is done. Get started with your move by contacting us at NearbyMovers!
Contact us at (888) 217-1969 and get a free estimate.
How Can I Find the Right Home Movers?
When you have different movers near your location to choose from, you should consider a few factors to select the best one.
Recommendations from Friends and Family:
It's a good idea to check if anyone you know has used the moving company. Ask your friends and family who have moved with professional services for ideas.
Before choosing any home moving company, assess the reviews by other users on the internet. Checking companies on the Better Business Bureau before hiring them is recommended.
When shopping around for different moving companies, consider the pricing services offered. You can get quotes from different companies and choose the one within your budget.
Licensing and Insurance:
This is a highly important factor to keep in mind when hiring a moving company. Ensure the residential moving company is licensed and insured so your belongings will remain safe during the move.
Your Moving Needs:
Your moving needs are different from the next person's. So, you should assess the services provided by the home movers and check if they can take care of your move.