If you are looking to hire professional movers, Hire A Helper is a good option. It connects you with the best moving experts for your moving needs.
What Service Does Hire a Helper Provide?
Hire a Helper is an online marketplace for customers who want to hire professional movers. It is a platform that bridges customers and service providers.
Some of their services are:
- Furniture disassembly & reassembly
- Packing & unpacking
- Loading & unloading
- Junk removal
- Semi trailer rental
How Does Hire a Helper Work?
Here is a step-by-step process of how Hire a Helper works:
- Visit their website to book professional movers.
- Enter your relevant details, such as the loading date, zip code, etc.
- Select the size of the truck you need.
- Compare prices from different movers.
- Choose the most suitable option by clicking Book Now.
- Provide information about your move, and add all valuables to the inventory.
- Receive a booking confirmation.
- Payment will be deducted from your card as soon as the services have been provided.
What Is the Cost for Truck Rental and Insurance?
Hire a Helper only accepts payment through credit cards. Each payment includes $1,000 worth of Service Guarantee. The estimated price ranges are:
- Long Distance: $2,484 - $3,090
- Medium Distance: $1,175 – $1,679
- Local Move: $1,100 - $2,000
Hire a Helper also gives you the option to drive the rental truck yourself, and if you do that, you will have to pay:
With Hire a Helper, you can also get coverage options such as:
- Standard repair coverage: this insurance is provided for free; you may be reimbursed up to $10,000 at $0.60 per pound if your goods are damaged during the moving process.
- Service guarantee: Reimbursement of up to $1,000 if a service provider fails to serve you well.
- Optional full-value coverage: Exclusive full-value coverage for customers hiring service providers with 4.5 stars or more.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Hire a Helper?
Every service has pros and cons, and the same is true with Hire a Helper. Let's take a look at the pros and cons of Hire a Helper:
- Customer representatives work seven days a week.
- Covers all 50 states.
- No cancellation fee for the 24-hour notice period.
- Damage coverage.
- Highly positive customer reviews.
- 2 sets of helpers (origin and destination) for long-distance moves.
- The Company does not provide packing supplies and furniture pads.
- The Company prohibits helpers from driving rental or private trucks.
- Lacks options for car transportation.
- The company has higher prices as compared to the competition.
Are Customers Satisfied With Hire a Helper?
The marketing team at Hire a Helper is very active on social media. This helps connect the company with its customers and gives them a platform to post reviews. The company has more than 400 reviews on its Facebook account, with a rating of 4.6/5.0.
The negative reviews of Hire a Helper are limited to property damage during loading and unloading. The positive reviews highlight aspects such as crew efficiency, promptness of customer service, and reliability. Customers are generally delighted by Hire a Helper.
Hire a Helper is one of the highest-rated companies. It helps you connect with outstanding service providers. It also ensures that you get all-rounded customer service.
However, you are advised to consider your needs before hiring its service.
Move Your Home With an Alternative Choice
NearbyMovers is a great choice! With it, you can easily find movers near you. Go to their website and input the zip code and other details to find the best movers near you. They find you great service providers who are guaranteed professionals and can assure the safety of your valuables. With NearbyMovers, you can also compare various offers and decide on the one that is most suitable for you, a service that saves you money, time, and energy.
Q1: How much time should I book?
They provide a guide for your assistance. You can call their line to ask for help if it can not clear your confusion. Service provider will also contact you to help confirm if the time you book is enough to handle the task.
Q2: Is there a cancellation fee?
Hire a Helper is among the few companies that offer no cancellation fee if you cancel your booking 24 hours or more before your move. So, if you want to postpone your move, you don’t have to worry about paying a cancellation fee. However, if you have to cancel within the last hour, then you will have to pay for two hours of labor.
Q3: Should I book a Hire a Helper service?
We tend to recommend Hire a Helper. They offer a large variety of services and are very easy to use. However, its weakness is that the quality of the service you will receive hinges on the third party.
Q4: When does Hire a Helper charge its service?
Hire a Helper charges you through a credit card one day before your final move. The funds collected from your credit card are stored in an escrow account and fully deducted after the move is completed.
Q5: Can I get compensation if my stuff is damaged?
Hire a Helper provides you with repair coverage on all of their services. If a mover damages any of your valuables during the move, you can get compensation.