Founded in 1969, Penske is well known for its long-distance, one-way rental yellow trucks. It offers affordable rates at extensive locations in the United States and Canada. Environment-friendly trucks, special discounts, and excellent customer services add value to Penske Truck Rental compared to its competitors.
There are 2,500+ rental locations, which is dwarfed by 20,000+ U-Haul sites. Nonetheless, Penske is still preferred among its customers due to its personable rental experience and great benefits.
How Does Penske Function?
You can rent a truck from Pensky by following the steps below:
- You can start the process on the company's website by clicking on the consumer rental page.
- Choose the appropriate vehicle size using Penske's Truck Wizard tool and estimate the size of the truck you'll need for your relocation.
- Fill out the required form. You'll be asked about rental supplies and the type of insurance you want to generate the final quote.
- Then you can pick up the rental truck at the appointed time and location.
- Load your belongings into the truck, drive it to your destination, unload your stuff, and then drop it off at the time and place as Penske tells you.
How Many Truck Options Does Penske Have?
Penske's fleet has four trucks with lengths of 12, 16, 22, and 26 feet that are appropriate for relocation. If you need to tow your car, you'll need to rent at least a 16-foot truck. The 22 and 26 feet trucks can fit three adults on their 3-person bench. The 12-foot option includes 1,000 lb. loading ramps to ease the loading process. All Penske trucks have non-slip floors to avoid spills and cargo sliding.
Penske trucks have anti-lock brakes for safer stops, automatic transmission, power steering, and cargo tie rails. Moreover, the truck choices are suitable for long-distance travel and can be rented on a one-way basis. Also, you got nine days of duration to complete your relocation.
Is It Expensive to Rent a Truck From Penske?
Penske is one of the most affordable choices when renting a moving truck. One-way moves with unlimited mileage are exclusively offered by Penske, which might save you a lot of money, particularly if you're moving out of state.
The cost to rent a Penske truck varies depending on the location of pickup and drop-off, the size of the truck you need to rent, the day of pickup, the number of days you want to keep the truck, and whether you are towing a vehicle.
You can visit Penske's website and submit your information to receive a precise quote anytime. It simply takes a few minutes to get a quote.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Penske?
Penske Truck Rental has the following pros and cons compared to its competitors:
- It offers the best prices for long-distance moves.
- You can get unlimited mileage for long-distance rentals.
- Plenty of discounts are available on all truck options.
- Reliable reservations to give you mental ease.
- Free 24/7 roadside assistance.
- Knowledgeable customer service.
- Affordable prices for large trucks.
- Fewer truck alternatives than the majority of competitors.
- Fewer location options.
- They are expensive for local moves.
How Does Penske Compare to Counterparts?
- When relocating, it’s possible to get lost and drive a few miles in the wrong direction. Penske is the only company that offers free and unlimited mileage for its customers who rent trucks for long distances. Other truck rental companies like U-Haul and Budget would charge extra costs for additional mileage.
- They are most affordable for long-distance moves along with excellent customer service.
- You have the freedom to choose from several moving services and only pay for those services.
Thanks to its services and competitive price, Penske proves to be one of the best truck rental companies, especially for long-distance moving. The prices are transparent and comparable. Even if you are moving locally, it is still worthwhile to contact Penske for a quick estimate. Though its short-move rates are typically expensive, it offers excellent discounts that will surely cut the costs. The ease of the website and availability of 24/7 roadside assistance sets Penske apart from its competitors. Moreover, your quotation includes unlimited mileage for any side trips or diversions along the way.
NearbyMovers: an Alternative Choice Help Move Home
Moving from one place to another is difficult, and so is finding the right movers for your needs. Finding a company with the skills and experience required to relocate your stuff efficiently and safely is essential. You can look up a moving company by searching on Google, but it can be challenging as it takes time and effort.
Fortunately, NearbyMovers can help make this process simple for you. We match your needs with nearby movers and connect you with trusted moving service providers in no time. After you choose the desired company from our suggested list, you can contact them and discuss all the details, including the time and location for the services.
Q1: Does Penske offer insurance?
Penske does offer the following insurances:
- Limited Damage Waiver: It’s a standard policy included in your estimate for limited damages to the truck unless you violate the rental agreement.
- Personal Accident Insurances: It provides accidental death and medical coverage to the truck driver and any passenger using the enclosed area of the rental truck.
- Supplemental Liability Insurance: It defends any listed authorized drivers against third-party claims for physical harm or property damage sustained as a result of an accident.
- Cargo Insurance: It covers all your possessions if you have an accident or encounter a natural disaster while traveling in a Penske truck.
Q2: Is Penske more expensive than U-Haul?
Considering the overall cost of moving or relocating under 1,000 miles, U-Haul typically offers considerably more affordable rates than Penske, especially if you're using a small vehicle. Additionally, U-Haul charges far less for local relocation than Penske. Penske maintains a higher quality of trucks to ensure its customers' safety, which is why its services are a bit more expensive than U-Haul. Also, Penske offers affordable rates for long-distance moving as compared to U-Haul.