OBX Shipping Center, Inc.
Airstrip, Kill Devil Hills, NC
- +1 252-441-7090
- 101 W Airstrip Rd, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
OBX Shipping Center, Inc. Reviews
4.8 stars based on 40 reviews
The staff is so kind and helpful. This is the only place I trust on the outer banks for my shipping needs.
Love this place. I send packages frequently out of state and definitely appreciate the reasonable shipping prices. Helpful and friendly staff are a bonus. You will not be disappointed with their service.
I am not one for reviews ever, but in this case, I feel like the story needs to be shared. After losing my job due to COVID, I spent nine long months eating away at all my savings as I searched searching to find a new job. After finally securing one halfway across the country in Texas, I packed everything I could fit in my car and sold the rest! There was only one thing I kept and had to ship to Texas, and that was my expensive 65 inch TV. So I packed it up in all of the original packagings that came with it and sent it at the OBX shipping center. The TV was costly, coming in around $2500, so I purchased the extra insurance to go with it. I planned the delivery date to be the day after I arrived so that I could accept it, and to make that happen, OBX held the delivery one day before FedEx was to pick it up. I arrived in Texas on a Thursday, and the TV was supposed to come on Friday. FedEx lost my package, and it never arrived. All weekend I never got any updates, and finally, Monday, it was reported to be in Missippissi. When I was at work Tuesday at my office on the 9th floor, FedEx DRAGGED my tv up to my floor with only one person, even though the box stated fragile, heavy, two people, or dolly required. I plugged the TV in after its arrival to find out that the screen has been cracked, followed by a loud pop before it went black. I filed a claim with OBX, who reported it to FedEx and their 3rd party insurance, “ShipSurance”.￼ After 2 1/2 months, FedEx determined that they were not at fault and had no proof they did the damage, so they offered $200 up. A classic case of the Big company taking advantage of the little guy and the small business. I will NEVER ship with FexEx again, and the company I started working for canceled their contract with them to find a new provider. ￼ All that being said and all the negative, OBX went out of their way and paid me $1600 out of their pocket to make up for the poor customer service of FedEx. If I still lived in North Carolina, I would drive out of my way just to use OBX again because of the amazing customer service
More reviews (7)
Map & DirectionsDirections
Nearby Moving Companies in Kill Devil Hills
1. How Can I Contact OBX Shipping Center, Inc.?You may contact them by calling this phone number +1 252-441-7090. Or you can visit their website to find email contact info.
2. What Do People Think About OBX Shipping Center, Inc.?You can check out one of the featured comments on this mover below.
"The staff is so kind and helpful. This is the only place I trust on the outer banks for my shipping needs."
3. How Can I Find the Location of OBX Shipping Center, Inc.?OBX Shipping Center, Inc. is at 101 W Airstrip Rd, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948. You may use the map above to discover the best way to get there. If you want to relocate downtown, you may find the best local moving company on this page.
4. What Are the Opening Hours of OBX Shipping Center, Inc.?The business hours of OBX Shipping Center, Inc. are as follows:
- Wednesday: 8:30AM–5:30PM
- Monday: 8:30AM–5:30PM
- Tuesday: 8:30AM–5:30PM
- Thursday: 8:30AM–5:30PM
- Friday: 8:30AM–5:30PM
- Saturday: 8:30AM–12:30PM
- Sunday: Closed
Save up to 40% off moving costs.
Get a Quote Now(888) 228-3922